Documentation : eTicket Installation
Requirements are a web server that runs PHP 5.x and MySQL 4.1 (or better).
To begin the automatic installation process you must prepair your enviroment by doing the following:
- Download the latest version of eTicket.
- Extract all files and folders from the compressed download file
- Upload the contents to an appropriate directory on your webserver (eg: /public_html/helpdesk/)
- Create a MySQL database using either command line or phpMyAdmin
All you need to do then is visit the install path that you uploaded to, for example if you uploaded to /public_html/helpdesk/ visit: http://www.yourdomain.com/helpdesk/install/ and follow the on-screen instructions.
To start the installation process you require to have “settings.php” and “pipe.php” accessible for writing. You MUST do this by changing their permissions by chmod to “666”, you can usually do this via your FTP client, or via shell or command line by doing: chmod 666 [file]
Once installation is complete you can do the following:
- Review the contents of “settings.php” and ensure settings meet your requirements
- chmod “settings.php” to 644, no further editing is required
- chmod “pipe.php” to 755, must be executable
- If you want attachments enabled you MUST chmod 666 your attachments directory
- REMOVE the “install” directory from your server before you continue
- Login to the admin area to configure the helpdesk
- Setup email handling using the piping or pop3 method
- If you intend on using the pipe method, make sure you have
- SpamAssassin configured first
- Visit the eTicket Project Page.